Posted on May 26, 2014 | Comments 0
Acupressure is one of the healing techniques that have achieved great acclaim from all parts of the world and the best part is that you can do it yourself within the comforts of your home. You have to apply pressure on certain points of the body with your fingers. This not only reduces the symptoms of many diseases, but also helps you feel more relaxed.
Acupressure works by activating the nerves and tissues that interconnect the various parts of the body, thereby increasing the functional ability. Especially, gastrointestinal problems, arthritis problems, and a host of inflammatory issues can be cured by self practicing of acupressure techniques. Below given are some acupressure points that can be massaged in order to get relive from a host of diseases.
How is it done?
It is done using the strongest finger pressing on the acu-point for around 3 -4 minutes. Press it till you feel the tension and that point start aching. Press it till the point you can bear it. This point is actually connected to another body part hence you will experience some amount of pain in that part too.
Common Acupressure Points
1. There is a point located near the ear bone and going behind where the neck muscles touch the skull. When acupressure is applied on this point, it helps to fight, cold and cough, is recommended for headaches, migraines, fatigue and when you want a relaxed feeling.
2. A point on the shoulder muscle pressed with the middle finger helps in curing toothaches, facial pain, neck pain, and during stress.
3. There is a point on the lower part of your foot, it reduces back pain and limb pain and also helps in rejuvenating
4. Some chest and abdomen acupressure points include on the origin vessel point meridian which is right in the middle of your chest, in line with your nipples, there is a point which when pressed help cure asthma, cough, chest tension, etc.
5. Also, there is scalp, head and shoulder points like in the governing vessel in the middle of your head between both the ears atop your head there is a point which when pressed will help cure headaches, and also dizziness.
6. In the mid portion of the shoulder lies the gall bladder meridian. This is the exact location that lies directly above the nipple and closer to the neck. It’s the highest point of shoulder, if you put the finger pressed in downward direction on this point; it provides miraculous relief for headache dizziness. Pregnant women should not do this.
7. There are some acupressure points in your arm and hand, the exact location of these points are on the pericardium meridian which lies just on the other side of your elbow joint (interior portion of the biceps), helps to cure digestion issues, and heaviness in chest.
Photo Credit By: acutakehealth.com
Posted in: Acupressure