For all those who thought that the art of acupuncture treatment was only beneficial for humans, here’s a fresh check. Lately, an increasing number of people are turning to acupuncture for treating various kinds of medical conditions such as muscle pain, sleep disorders etc in animals.
Veterinary acupuncture is becoming popular by the passing day and the reason for this is that animals are responding wonderfully to this science. There are several veterinary acupuncture benefits and advantages. You can find out about them by reading the information given in the following part of the article:
Benefits of Animal Acupuncture
- Veterinary acupuncture is a treatment which uses very small needles which are inserted into specific points of the body to trigger a response. By stimulating these points, a pathway is formed over a specific area of the body and can greatly help animals in relieving their pain, helping in speedy healing, decrease swelling, and improve overall wellbeing of the animal.
- Animal acupuncture can have a great and positive effect on kidney diseases, arthritis, behavior problems, immune system disorders, back problems, allergies, anxiety, cancer management and even liver related diseases.
- Animals find these treatments very useful and beneficial and can have a calming effect.
- Other benefits or positive points about veterinary acupuncture include that they, unlike, other treatments do not have any side effects and if fused together with other herbal medications can make the patient feel much better.
- Acupuncture science helps to bridge the gap between surgery and medicine.
- In small animals such as exotic breeds as well as the large animals, acupuncture is very common and can be used to treat conditions like respiratory conditions; heart related issues, hormonal changes, cardiovascular problems, internal medical problems as well as skin conditions.
- What acupuncture does is that is can help in increasing the circulation in animals and this can therefore help in releasing the neurotransmitters as well as the neurohormones , some of which also include certain pain-killing hormones. This releasing of hormones helps an animal in relieving various kinds of pains such as muscle pain; spasms etc and also stimulate the various nerves.
- One point which should be kept in mind by the owners of the animals is the fact that acupuncture in animals is not a onetime cure method but takes a few sittings to treat or cure the medical condition.
Photo Credit: (http://www.seattledogspot.com)