Guided imagery is a relaxation technique that is useful in the reduction of stress and improves sense of peace in your personal life.
Imagery is a language that mind speaks with body parts.
Guided imagery acts as a connection between mind and body parts.
This is done in your day to day life, for example when you fell down while playing you will shout automatically and stop playing. This response is done by your brain when you fell down.
Imagery is an imagination that acts as potent healer and this will help in giving you relief from pain, fast healing and helps the body in many conditions such as depression, allergy and asthma.
Guided imagery is used to increase wellness and optimize your health. It stimulates brain and has a direct effect on endocrine and nervous systems. It will change the immune (resistance) system function.
Guided imagery is used in the following situations:
Guided imagery is very simple, low cost and easy tool to manage stress and reduce stress.
- It will help you when you are anxious, fear and insomnia.
- It will help you in reducing work related stress.
- It will be helpful in the procedures of heart surgery and heart disease.
- It will be helpful for the students during learning disabilities.
- It will be helpful when you want to lose your weight.
- It will help you in the situations of post traumatic (painful) stress and anger management.
- If you are a teen or adult, it will be helpful to avoid addictions such as smoking, drinking and tobacco.
- It is also used in reduce your blood pressure.
The power of Guided imagery:
Guided imagery will use your powers of creative imagination. Creative imagination is much more effective than analytical thinking. It will help you to guide the living truth (it is an idea that form an imagination or can be felt in your heart and thus changes your life) and gradually this will move to your heart.
If you are an adult then you will be stressed with many responsibilities. Stress is dangerous one from which you will be attacked with heart disease, cancer, lung ailments, accidents, cirrhosis of the liver and suicide. For these dreadful diseases, guided imagery will suggest you many relaxation exercises.
Guided imagery exercises will train how to imagine images. Some will imagine sounds and symbols. To avoid this, guided imagery is used.
Guided imagery is safe because there are no risks in following this technique. If you can change mind, then you can change your life.