Vertigo is a disease which occurs due to problems with the posterior canals of the inner ear. Anyone suffering from this disease tends to feel a certain dizziness or sensation of the environment continuously spinning or moving. As a result of this disease, vertigo patients experience nausea which can even grow acute. While there are many medications that can be taken for treating vertigo, there are also many alternative treatment methods which help with the treatment of this problem.
- One of the best ways to overcome vertigo and that too without using prescribed medicines is to soak 2 tablespoons of wheat grain in water along with 1 tsp of poppy seeds, 8 almond and 8 watermelon seeds. Make a paste of these seeds and add 2 fried cloves and 1 tsp of ghee. Now mix this paste with milk and drink every day for 7 days.
- Another great way to treat vertigo is to soak 1 tsp of amla powder in water with 1 tsp of coriander seeds and then strain this mixture. Add ½ tsp of sugar to this mixture and then drink it regularly.
- Lack of sleep is one of the biggest reasons for vertigo and to overcome it, you must get proper and sufficient sleep. Try to relax your body as much as possible and get rest during the day as well.
- Another effective alternative way to treat vertigo without the use of prescribed medicines is to eat healthy diet every day and make sure that the food you eat is loaded with vitamins and minerals. Also, you can add lemon peel to your salads as an effective solution to the problem.
- The body needs to be hydrated to avoid vertigo or dizziness as much as possible. For this, constantly take in juices and other liquids throughout the day, especially in summers.
- Dizziness and nausea can often be caused due to sudden movement of the body. To avoid this, you must avoid any kinds of sudden movements or jerks. For example, when you wake up in the morning, do not get up with a jerk.
- Another effective alternative treatment for vertigo is taking ripe strawberries and mixing them with yoghurt for a snack or during breakfast.
- Ginger is also good for relieving vertigo. So either mix ginger with your tea or have it raw to reduce nausea, headaches and to control your blood pressure.