Posted on Jun 09, 2010 | Comments 0
Naturopathic medicine is an alternative approach to treating different ailments in the body. Just as same as with the conventional medicinal methods, the naturopathic medicine still includes the processes of diagnosis, treatment and therapies.
Furthermore, this kind of medicine also has a set of different preventive methods which people can exercise to protect themselves from future illnesses.
Basically, when you consult with a naturopathic doctor, you will not be only briefed about your health condition and how it can affect your body, but also you will be able to learn about the different methods that you can opt for in order to treat your illness or further save yourself from one.
Process of naturopathic medicine
The same with other types of medicine, the goal of naturopathic medicine is to suppress the symptoms of a patient’s illness and successfully eliminate its causes.
- When a person is being diagnosed, his body is treated as one which can be broken down into components such as the physical, mental, emotional and psychological sides. Moreover, naturopathic medicine also includes factors like genetics, environment and social aspects.
- After understanding the condition, the doctor can develop a treatment for it. This means that for every patient, there is a different and unique way of treating him or her. Individual differences are being considered in this form of medicine.
Common types of naturopathic medicine
There are different therapies which are included under the naturopathic medicine and the most common of them are the clinical nutrition, traditional Chinese medicine and Acupuncture treatment.
- Clinical nutrition revolves around the idea that whatever a patient is undergoing through is caused by his or her nutrition. In this type of naturopathic medicine, the doctor will then try to diagnose the relationship between his or her diet and health. The doctor can suggest treatment plans and nutritional supplements which the patient can take in order to help him regain his health and eliminate the sickness. These supplements include natural ingredients such as vitamins, minerals and enzymes.
- The second type of naturopathic medicine is the traditional Chinese medicine which revolves around the presence of energy within the body to keep it healthy. It stimulates the flow of energy within the body to help it regain its fullness.
- The Acupuncture therapy is a well-known type of naturopathic medicine that eliminates pain from the body. The process of acupuncture makes use of tiny needles to be inserted on the body’s surface in order to reduce the pain the person may be feeling. This type of naturopathic medicine may seem as an ancient way of healing, however, it has proven to be very effective for its patients as long as the practitioner is a qualified one.
Examples of illnesses which can be treated
A lot of illnesses can indeed be treated by naturopathic medicine which includes different chronic conditions such as:
- High blood pressure, heart disease, atherosclerosis, heart burns
- Constipation, acne, eczema, allergies, infections
- Insomnia, depression, menopausal problems, chronic fatigue
- Migraines, colds, flu
Posted in: Alternative Health