Our busy day to day lives with all its modern conveniences and technological innovation is often accompanied by high stress level which in one way or another affects our health and well being.
With these inevitable circumstances surrounding us, many people are now looking for ways to relieve themselves from these conditions. Among the most helpful ways to achieve a healthy lifestyle is through spiritual healing.
Spiritual healing basically involves a religious belief that through faith one can be healed both in body and spirit.
Spiritual healing is often accompanied by prayers or rituals which call for divine intervention in order to remedy any disability or disease of a person. It can also mean a powerful belief in a supreme being.
Spiritual healing involves non-physical methods to treat illness or pains. Its primary purpose is to cleanse the body from negativity to harmonize the body, mind and soul to achieve wellness.
The spiritual healing is usually done with the ministration of a healer who restores health to people who are in distress physically, spiritually and emotionally as well, or by praying for one another.
Throughout human history and in almost all cultures worldwide, many have stood to claims of divine intervention in alleviating their physical as well as spiritual hardships.
The benefits of spiritual healing
Spiritual healing in compliment with the proper medical care can improve chances of recovery and encourage optimism among patients and their family. Here are a number of benefits one can derive from spiritual healing:
- It conditions the mind to work on positive thoughts of healing. Many believe that any bodily disorder can be cured starting from a good and optimistic state of mind, and spiritual healing touches that.
- Spiritual healing also relaxes your body, mind and spirit, as such it reduces stress, depression and relieves patients who are experiencing migraine, allergies and digestive disorders as well as those who are experiencing body pains, aches and fatigue.
- Also, with the proper exercise, it regulates the body’s physique and relaxes the mind and enhances proper breathing, which helps the cardiovascular system and the immune system.
- It boosts positive results to cancer patients and cardiac patients among others. Positive results show that patients have reduced heart rate and diastolic blood pressure which correspondingly equates to a much favorable medical conditions.
- It also helps in pregnancy and post natal care.
- It helps out in post-operative healing of surgery.
- Prayers, as a form of spiritual healing are done individually or in group. Aside from intensifying the practitioner’s faith and belief, it also helps to achieve calmness of the mind and peace. It also transforms negativity to a positive disposition which makes it an effective way to achieve fitness of both body and mind.
Spiritual healing in compliment with the proper medical treatment indeed improves the health of the patients.
Also, it provides for a number of physical, mental, emotional and spiritual benefits and to share the blessings of unconditional love.