Posted on Mar 21, 2009 | Comments 1
- The principle is that the human body can heal itself if it is in the condition nature intended.However, stresses, pollution, poor diet, amongst others are issues detracting from the natural condition of the body.
Therefore, the naturopath attempts to educate the patient about the self-healing abilities of the body, and return the body near to its natural state. If the body is in a healthy environment, it can automatically heal itself.
- The naturopath adopts a holistic approach, aiming to treat the body as a whole. Psychological and physical characteristics, emotional, environmental, nutritional and social aspects of a person are analysed to develop a tailor made treatment.
- Naturopathy does not use allopathic medicines to treat illnesses. It uses substances from nature such as herbal preparations, which are very successful in treating an illness, not just the symptoms.
- Illness prevention rather than curing is an essential principle. The naturopath educates people about what should be part of their daily routine so they live healthily. A healthy diet, the importance of fasting, exercising and relaxation, plus a positive attitude will help in avoiding many kinds of health troubles.
- One can alleviate many health worries, by thinking more about food. Naturopathy stresses the benefits of natural, organic food and their remarkable benefits. The body can be healthier and stronger with a balanced diet, and the avoidance of harmful food.
Many are convinced that naturopathy works and many are not. However, there is enough scientific proof of the effectiveness of natural remedies and techniques used in naturopathy.
Posted in: Alternative Health