Posted on Jul 30, 2010 | Comments 0
The National Institutes of health have endorsed a list of nine alternative and complementary treatments that really work and offer cures that you can trust”
- Massage for depression – It can ease chronic mental and emotional stress, helps release endorphins in response to physical touch and may be as effective as prescription antidepressants.
- Tai Chi for insomnia – The slow mediation technique helps improve sleep quality in people with mild insomnia. It also improves balance of the body.
- Bromelain for swelling – This pineapple extract can help heal injuries, cuts and bruises. It can reduce inflammation and improve blood circulation.
- Acupuncture for chronic pain – A lot of recent research supports the premise that acupuncture is excellent to reduce pain by balancing the body’s energy flow.
- Glucosamine/chondroitin for joint pain – It has been seen that Glucosamine is more effective in sulfate form and reduces pain in moderate to severe arthritis cases and can also slow down the progression of osteoarthritis.
- Cocoa for hypertension – To reduce blood pressure, drink dark cocoa for two weeks each day.
- Green tea for rheumatoid arthritis and may also help you lose some weight.
- Rhodiola or Rhodiola rosea can reduce anxiety and improve mental stamina and also helps to counter fatigue.
- Hypnosis can help alleviate hot flashes in terms of frequency as well as severity.
Posted in: Alternative Medicine