Posted on Feb 04, 2008 | Comments 10
How to overcome stress? The world you are living is an extremely stressful place; everyone needs agendas to over come their stress.
Every one will undergo stress in their life, without the question of age and sex. Neglecting stress will be devastating; it will ruin your health and the life too.
Know how to overcome stress and do not neglect even one day to start relaxation programs.
If you are stressed, you should know how to overcome stress with some stress relaxation techniques.
How to overcome stress? Stress relaxation techniques to relieve the symptoms:
- Exercise: Start doing exercise when you are under stress. This helps the body to excrete adrenaline and cortisol, which are released by adrenal glands. The secretion of these glands causes the feeling of stress. It also activates pituitary and hypothalamus glands which secrete “feel good” hormones called as Endorphins. These also have the capacity to reduce pains and improve the “well-being” sense.
- Diversion: One of the reasons behind stress is letting your mind obsess over things that you can’t change. If you think on that issue, divert your mind. Go on a small walk, meet your old friends, if not call them, watch your favorite movie, go for window shopping, check out your old pictures, play with your pet or visit a park and see children playing.
- Meditation: Many meditation techniques will help you in overcoming stress; one of them is insight meditation. This is not done by emptying the mind or removing the stress from the mind, but distracts the mind from the stress and focuses mind on a task. Listening to religious speeches also relieves from stress.
- Yoga: How to overcome stress with yoga? Yoga is a combination of meditation and exercise and works as a highlighting stress relaxant. It makes you feel calm and relieves tension from the muscles. This is a great way to strengthen your mind and body. Yoga therapy is proven as a stress reducer; this will give you a peaceful and calm state of mind.
- Aroma therapy: Bathing with luke warm water is also a good idea of overcoming stress. Adding aroma oils will relax you physically and mentally. Inhaling aroma fragrances, especially cinnamon and vanilla will relax many people. This will refresh the mind and body.
- Massage: It’s very helpful in stress relaxation process. It relives stress from the body in all forms. A massage technique provides deep relaxation and improves physiological process and improves mood mentally and physically.
- Sleeping: Sleep for a long time, the brain reboots in the time you are sleeping. A sound sleep of 8 hours will reduce stress for a large extent. Researches have proved that people who don’t sleep for 8 hours have problems such as less intellectual abilities, less patience levels and are preys of depressions and stress.
- Self Hypnosis: If you feel how to overcome stress with self hypnosis, the positive aspect in hypnosis is that, it will make you strong from inner side to overcome stress and depressions. It controls your mind and develops a “well-being” and “feel-good” environment around you.
- Caffeine: Sit in a quiet and comfortable environment and enjoy your cup of coffee or tea. Caffeine present in these liquids works as a very good de-stresser. Caffeine releases ‘feel-good and well-being hormones. Even chocolates contain caffeine. So you can enjoy your sip of coffee or tea and a chocolate bite which can overcome stress. Note: Too much intake of caffeine leads to other problems. Do not take much caffeine, limit yourself.
You should remember that stress relaxation is not imposing one method or other to de-stress. It’s about dealing with the problem of how to overcome stress in general and maintaining balance to fight and overcome the problem.
Posted in: Alternative Treatment