Posted on Oct 04, 2007 | Comments 0
Before knowing about acne alternative treatments, first you have to know about acne.
Acne is the scientific term for pimples, white heads (these are the spots which are burst under the skin and have no opening) and black heads (these are the spots which have a dark and open centre).
Acne is generally caused due to the disorder of oil glands which increases the amount of sebum and this causes blocking of pores under the skin.
Acne is caused on face, neck and shoulders. You can take any one of the acne alternative treatments from the following.
One of the acne alternative treatments is herbal treatment:
If you want a treatment without side effects, then you can prefer herbal treatment.
- You can use black current seed oil, Echinacea, calendula, teatree oil and goldenseal.
- You can use Chinese herbs such as cnidium seed and honey suckle flower.
Herbal treatment is used as acne alternative treatment by using above herbal products. These are available in the form of powders. These products are available at low cost and can be used by both men and women.
Acne alternative treatments include Ayurvedic treatment:
The following are some of the products which will provide ayurvedic alternative acne treatment.
- Make the paste of lodhra, dhanyaka and vacha with water and apply to your skin.
- Maricha and gorochana are made as paste and you can apply it to your face.
- Ashwagandha, chandana, majishta and yashtimadhu are made as paste with water and apply to your face.
- You can use haridhra and chandana into paste with water and apply it to your face.
- You can apply any one of the pastes on your face and leave it for twenty minutes and then you can wash it with lukewarm water.
Some of the acne alternative treatments are retinoid or benzoyl peroxide and retin-a. The effective acne alternative treatment is using accutane for severe acne.
Using Accutane causes side effects such as birth defects. In severe cases of acne you have to consult doctor. You have to take balanced diet and regular exercises.
What care should be given to acne after acne alternative treatment is taken?
If you have acne don’t press or prick it. If you press or prick it, then you have to face major problems. Fresh water, fresh air and sun light should be provided to acne to improve your skin condition.
You should hygiene (clean) acne frequently with warm water, to avoid dirt and other irritants. If you have mild acne then you can use oils such as rose wood oil, lavender oil and clove oil. These oils are applied before you take any medication or treatment.
If you want a treatment without side effects, you can take acne alternative treatment like ayurvedic treatment or herbal treatment.
Posted in: Alternative Treatment