Gerson therapy is an alternative treatment for cancer. Gerson therapy can also be called as gerson diet, gerson regime or gerson method.
Basically, gerson therapy includes a very specific diet with various nutritional supplements. The main aim of this therapy is removing the toxins from the body and strengthening your body’s immune system.
Most of the Gerson therapists consider that individuals with cancer have greater amounts of salt in their bodies when compared to the amount of potassium.
Basically, they believe that consuming greweiater amounts of fruits and vegetables will refurbish the right balance and cleanse your liver. This allows the liver to get rid the body of cancer cells.
But, there is no medical evidence about the effectiveness of this therapy in treating or curing the cancer.
Importance of gerson therapy:
Individuals use gerson therapy due to several reasons. The reasons to prefer gerson therapy are:
- It boosts your immune system
- It controls or cures your cancer
- If your disease is not cured even after the usage of conventional treatments
- You feel more controlled with the cancer and its treatment methods
- It increases oxygen in your blood
- It enhances the process of metabolism
- It detoxifies and regenerates the liver
- It regenerates cells to improve your health
- It restores your body’s essential defense systems
Gerson method is strictly a low salt, organic fruit and vegetable diet. When you are on this diet, you need to:
- Drink 20 pounds of compressed fruit and vegetable juice one glass per an hour for 13 times a day.
- Consume 3 or 4 coffee enemas and possibly castor oil enemas.
- Take potassium and some other supplements like vitamin B12, pancreatic enzymes, and thyroid supplements.
The enemas you consume help in cleansing the bowel system. They help to remove the toxins from your body by stimulating the bowel, liver and bile ducts. Gerson therapists claim that if the body is free of toxins, then it automatically recognizes and kills the cancer cells.
Also, there are various serious side effects of gerson therapy.
Side effects of gerson therapy:
Coffee enemas can cause various side effects. They remove greater amounts of potassium from your body and can result in:
- Heart problems
- Lung problems
- Mineral imbalance in your body like salt imbalance
Long term use of coffee enemas can result in weak bowel muscles. This finally results in constipation and inflammation of the bowel.
Some other side effects of gerson therapy include:
- Abdominal cramps
- Cold sores
But, it is termed as a useful treatment because it helps in treating the cause of the disease instead of the symptoms of the disease and gives the ability to your body to heal itself.