Posted on Aug 28, 2008 | Comments 0
Visualization therapy mainly involves focusing your mind on what you like to happen and believing that these images are real to your body.
Visualization therapy is very precise and detailed. You can imagine how something smells, feels, sounds and tastes.
Your imagination need to appear so genuine that it can keep your mind into the thoughts that it is a truth. Most of the clinics in US use this therapy to help you to control the pain associated with any ailments or diseases.
When compared to adults, children can easily learn visualization. It is supposed that this is because children have not crossed into the black and white absolutes of adults.
Numerous cases were proved that visualization therapy helped people to fight against various illnesses and to lead normal lives. Most of the complementary health care centers use traditional therapy along with visualization to help you to lessen the activity and reduce further spread of a seizure.
Benefits of visualization therapy:
- This therapy greatly helps in coping with various activities that you have become very much addictive. It completely changes the way that you think. You will no longer observe yourself in terms of drink or drug use.
- The therapy helps to alter the mental picture of yourself and in doing so it changes your reality. This is a method of getting and altering the underlying pictures.
- This therapy is a form of meditation [meditation technique] or self-hypnosis that you can utilize to help with mental, physical and emotional health by visualizing positive and desired outcomes to precise situations.
- This therapy helps to desensitize the triggers for cravings and help to endure cravings.
- Visualization greatly helps in personal growth, constructs your clean self and manages the underlying emotional distress, depression and trauma.
- Visualization therapy promotes activity in the correct side of your brain, which is then linked to emotions and creativity.
- Gradually, visualization changes your brain wave patterns, increases the flow of low frequency, calms the alpha brain waves and encourages the production of neurochemicals like dopamine that are depleted with the use of cocaine, thus making you feel good.
- The therapy is commonly used by sports people to create ultimate performance.
- Visualization can also be used along with the conventional medicines while treating the cancer and also it helps in strengthening your immune system.
- Visualization therapy acts as an effective tool in stress management.
Visualization is mainly intended to use the right creativity side to help in restoring the balance. The correct part of your brain completely allows what you like to achieve without giving belief and works upon it without judgment.
If you want to use visualization therapy on your own, then you can use intention. Remember that your intention should be specific, perfect and attainable and most of you need to trust and think that it is being accomplished.
Posted in: Alternative Treatment