Posted on Jan 10, 2008 | Comments 0
Aromatherapy is an art of healing without hurting yourself.
Ever since this aroma therapy healing and medication came into picture, the first popular aromatherapy was skin care.
Aromatherapy skin care is attained by using natural oils and herbs to gain optimal skin health and beauty.
Aromatherapy skin care products are not made of any artificial elements which will damage the sensitivity of the skin. Every person has their own skin needs depending on age and skin type.
Aromatherapy skin care differs from person to person. So, some combination of oils is made to reach the need of the individual. The combination of oils is referred as aromatherapy skin care solution.
Starting the aromatherapy skin care treatment:
Before you start the aroma treatment on your skin, you need a small brush up i.e. the skin must be properly cleaned with a combination of vitamin E oil and seaweed (marine plant).
This combination helps to remove the make up on the skin and debris on the outer layer of the skin. This process is necessary to prepare the skin for aromatherapy.
The key to aromatherapy skin care is to match the individual skin type with the essential oils and enhance the beauty of the skin with these benefits.
Applying oils to the skin is in the form of massage oils, mineral baths and sprays.
Specific oil is not used all times. Choose the oil which suits your ideology or mood. The below research will help you:
- Lavender: Balancing, soothing, normalizing and clarifying the skin.
- Eucalyptus: Purifying, balancing, cooling and invigorating the skin.
- Peppermint: Revitalizing, refreshing, cooling and energizing the skin.
- Ylang Ylang: Sensual, romantic, euphoric, exotic and allures the skin.
- Bergamot: Normalizing, confidence building and uplifting the skin.
- Lemon: Energizing, uplifting, refreshing and strengthening the skin.
- Patchouli: Soothing, romantic and uplifting the skin.
- Clary sage: Tones the skin, balances the emotions and lifts up the senses.
- Chamomile: Soothes, balances and freshens the skin.
- Spearmint: Along with the features of peppermint, it is also gives softer, gentle look to the skin.
- Rose: Decreases stress, grief and stabilize the body atmosphere.
- Sandal wood: Emotional stability, soothing and balancing.
A combination of oils is used for different skin types.
Oily skin: A combination of lavender, bergamot and Clary sage are used with rose water or orange flower water to make a mixture, which will clear the pores of the skin and have a fresh feeling.
Massage should be done in circular motions and the movements should be gentle. Added in bathing water may not give 100% results, but can be preferred if you do not like hand massage.
Normal skin: A combination of lavender, Clary sage, lemon and chamomile is used for balancing, toning and refreshing the skin. Massage should be done in circular motion with slow to medium pats. This combination can also be added in bathing water if you do not want to go for a hand massage.
Dry skin: A combination of almond, rose, lavender, bergamot, patchouli, sandalwood with rose water will make the dry skin glow. The combination acts as a moisturizer to the skin.
Massage should be in straight and circular motions with fast to medium pats. Mixture added in water will also yield good results. Ylang Ylang is also very good moisturizing oil.
Aromatherapy can also be done through inhalation. Few drops of aroma oils added to hot water also gives a soothing effect to the mind, as the smell stimulates the brain and activates it.
Injection is also another method of aromatherapy. It injects the oils directly into the body to stimulate the mucous membranes.
Benefits of aromatherapy skin care:
- Improves individuality
- Reduces oral medications.
- Improves the beauty of skin and maintains the glow
- Aromatherapy skin care products lessen the stress and give a relaxed sleep.
- Cleanses the skin pores and removes the bacteria
- Regular use of aroma oils decreases the wrinkles in older age and maintains a glowing skin.
Give a break to the harsh products which give glowing effect while hurting your skin in long run. Try aromatherapy skin care oils to enhance the beauty for years.
Posted in: AromaTherapy