Pimples are associated with facial skin health and hormonal imbalance. Many people try to dry out their pimples by using astringent or chemical products all their face, but an over-discharge of sebum (your skin’s natural oil) is actually a symptom of another cause and removing it only causes increased sebum production.
Causes of Acne
Acne can be caused by various different lifestyle habits and health problems. These Ayurvedic practitioners point to the following potential causes:
- Eating too much fried and junk foods, unbalancing the Doshas (or the balance of energies within the body)
- Too many late nights
- Using a lot of cosmetics
- Stress and anxiety
- Hormonal imbalance during adolescence, adulthood or pregnancy
- Eating meat
So how do Ayurvedic herbs help?
Ayurveda is an old natural therapeutic system from India. Ayurvedic practitioners put the body back into balance by using natural blends, fasting, lifestyle modifications, and other methods.
They can be taken orally or applied topically in many cases. Acne is deep-rooted, use of lotions, local creams, and antibiotics only mask the symptoms.
In this manner, specific Ayurvedic treatment is advised for acne which includes right diet, lifestyle and some specific herbal combinations that handle the disease from its root cause.
Diet & Lifestyle Modifications:
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water every day.
- Eat fresh, green and natural food.
- Increase the usage of herbs that have natural cooling effects on the body like aloe vera, coriander seeds, Indian gooseberry (amla), and fennel.
- Do not eatoily, spicy, and sour foods.
- Avoid irritant cosmetics.
- Use mild herbal soaps to wash your face.
- Avoid squeezing of ace lesions
Improve Your Digestion Naturally:
- Make habit of eating soft, warm, cooked foods.
- Reduce spicy, sour, fried, and fermented foods.
- Avoid yogurt, liquor, coffee, vinegar, tomatoes, onions, garlic, and cheddar.
- Reduce light, dry, crunchy food.
- Do not eat raw vegetables and salads.
- Avoid cool beverages and solidified pastries, (for example, dessert, popsicles, frozen yogurt, etc.)
- Make habit of eating drinkingfluids at room temperature or warm
- Drink some organic aloe vera juice in the morning on an empty stomach. Aloe vera juice is a natural method to remove toxins from your body, especially the liver and blood.
If you have cystic acne, drink this twice a day, early in the morning and bedtime, for 3 months. Make sure to drink all fluids no colder than room temperature, so add a little bit of warm water to make the refrigerated aloe vera juice the right temperature. If you can’t tolerate the taste of aloe vera juice, add some pomegranate juice, which is additionally a great method to detox the liver and blood.
- Take the Ayurvedic herb guggul, 75-150mg a day. Guggul is a widely used Ayurvedic herb that helps to remove toxins from the body and improve digestion.
- Use turmeric in your cooking or as a supplement. Turmeric powder is a spice that is usually used as a part of Indian foods. It has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. The easiest way to take turmeric is to add a pinch of it your food, but you can also take one tablet with dinners.
- Do aerobic exercise 3-4 times every week. The increased circulation and sweating naturally removes toxins from your body.