Ayurveda medicine was discovered in India.
Ayurveda medicine is one of the ancient medicines, which is divided into 8 separate branches. They are:
- Baala – The study of the ayurveda medicine needed in order to heal children
- Danstra – The study of toxicology stemming originally from the poison extracted from the bug bites
- Graha – The study of mental illness and demon possession
- Kaya chikista – It is medicine for internal organs and workings of the body
- Prasuti – The study of pregnancy and gynecology
- Rasayana – The study of what we now know as Alzheimer’s and other diseases of the age advanced
- Salya – The study of all the surgeries including plastic surgery
- Urdhvanga – It is the study of the ears, nose, and throat as well as dentistry
According to the beliefs there are three elements in/of the body which cause diseases. These are vata, pitta, and kapha.
Vata: All of us are made up of space and air, with some light, water, and earth thrown in. vata helps to transmit perceptions to the mind and body and maintains the body’s natural balance. The energy which is used to transmit the outside world to our inner selves when become imbalanced then diseases sets in.
Pitta: This is the energy which is responsible for vision, digestion, heat, hunger and thirst, happiness and intelligence. When this element gets imbalanced it results in apathy, depression, dehydration, digestive problems, and weight gain or loss.
Kapha: It is the disease which is due to the lack of conserving and stabilizing the body. Commonly they are called as viruses or bugs.
Vyaadhi is called as disease. It is the state of the being when we are full of discomfort or pain. All these are caused by an imbalance in one of the three elements. These diseases are treated according to the classification of trauma.
Aadhidaivika – Contributed to gods or spirits. For instance, demons and mental illness
Adhibhautika – Contributed to environment. For example, allergies, etc.
Adhyatmika – Physical and constitutional; for example, physical injury, hereditary, and predisposition
Ayurveda medicine verses western medicine:
Antibiotics also have their uses, but the ayurveda medicine balances the body by resuming it as quickly as possible. Modern medication like, post surgery antibiotics can be used to treat infection and post transplant antibiotics which if not taken will surely cause certain death.
Ayurveda medicine is derived from vegetables and minerals, with plant alkaloids as the active ingredients. For example, equal parts of honey and the juice from a baked lemon can act as ayurvedic medicine.
Western medicine is derived from chemicals rather than natural substances. Before you decide to grow your own ayurvedic medicine, be alert that where the plants have everything to do with their potency and ability to fight infection. The elements used to prepare ayurveda medicine must have the right balance of alkaline and acid in the soil, as well as stringent water and light conditions.