Alternative medicine is completely different from conventional and more mainstream medical practices and is used in place of alternative medicine.
Alternative medicine is a fairly broad term and it covers many different methods of treatment i.e. Chinese herbal medicine, homeopathy, ayurveda, acupuncture, etc.
Traditional Chinese medicine is a best example of alternative medicine. It is broad term for therapies which include herbalism, diet therapy, acupuncture, and massage therapy.
Traditional Chinese medicine offers a unique perspective on the nature of health and illness. It holds your body in great reverence, and promotes its endless capacity for transformation and recovery.
Traditional Chinese medicine is mainly based on the idea of having good health. It revolves around the correct flow of “chi” which is the energy of the body. “Chi” works in a way that it flows through our bodies in channels, also known as meridians. Again these meridians contain hundreds of points which link the different organs and functions of the body together.
You can help to increase the amount of chi level in your body by looking after yourself, by eating healthy and sensibly, and by doing regular exercise.
Traditional Chinese medicine is a combination of acupuncture, Chinese medication, massage, Chinese food therapy, pharmacology/herbalogy and mental health therapy such as Feng shui, moxibustion and Chinese astrology.
Use of traditional Chinese medicine:
It is a complete medical system and has been used to diagnose, treat and prevent illnesses for over 5,000 years.
The main of TCM is to maintain the balance and prevent illness in your body.
- You can use traditional Chinese medicine for skin complains like for eczema oriented conditions.
- It can be used to treat AIDS and HIV sufferers. The traditional Chinese medicine reduces the virus symptoms and increased the survival periods.
- They can be used to treat malaria. In sometimes traditional Chinese medicine along with acupuncture therapy can be used to reduce the side effects of chemotherapy for cancer patients.
Some of the herbs used in traditional Chinese medicine are:
- Garlic – it controls high blood pressure, colon cancer, parasitis, warts, common cold, high cholesterol, etc.
- American ginseng – This herb medicinal applications are ranged from digestive disorders to sexual problems.
- Bitter melon – It can be used to treat diabetes and indigestion.
- Ginger – It is helpful for osteoarthritis, indigestion, morning sickness, nausea, hay fever, low back pain, migraine headaches, irritable bowel syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis, etc.
- Green tea – It treats breast cancer, hives, tooth decay, colon cancer, weight loss, immune function, lung cancer, etc.
- Licorice – it helps to treat infections, eczema, cough, hepatitis, menopause, colic, HIV support, gastritis, etc.
- Sweet Annie – it is helpful for intestinal parasites, fever, and infectious diarrhea.
Care to be taken while using traditional Chinese medicine:
- Traditional Chinese medicine is a powerful medicinal system with quite and ancient lineage. So, it needs to be treated with utmost care.
- You need to be very careful while selecting a health care provider. Some cases where bona fide doctors, have been prescribing Chinese herbal treatments without being properly qualified to do so. They are unaware of the power of the medicine they are prescribing.
- The common adverse effects in patients after receiving traditional Chinese medicine include nausea, headaches, diarrhea, and allergic reactions.