Posted on Jan 02, 2014 | Comments 0
It is commonly known that drinking green tea can help a person in losing the unwanted calories and the undesired weight. We all know that obesity is a big problem of the modern world and many people are suffering from this issue which further is responsible for many other problems and disorders. To combat this problem, there are many ways such as engaging in physical exercises, diet control etc and one of the best is surely drinking green tea.
Green tea is made from leaves of camellia sinesis and is really high on antioxidants which are health boosting in nature. Let’s get to know more about the benefits of green tea for weight loss:
- Green tea consists of many ingredients such as saponins, theobromine and vitamins etc which are all really great for the body and helps it stay in good shape. But one must also remember that too much of anything is bad for health and the same is true for green tea and hence it must be had in moderation or about 2-3 cups a day.
- Green tea also contains a compound called epigallocatechin of EGCG which is the main reason why green tea helps people in losing weight. This compound boasts the metabolic rate and reduces the appetite of a person. This in turn ensures prevention of adding unnecessary weight and losing of the extra pounds.
- All the compounds mentioned in the previous points lead to a process called thermo-genesis which means that the heat in the body increases and thus the metabolism too increases. This increase in heat and metabolism reduces the person’s weight.
- Green tea consists of about 10 times more antioxidants than fruits and vegetables and this is another health benefit of this amazing product.
- Green tea also helps in combating cholesterol. Green tea keeps the arteries unblocked and health and hence fights the problem of cholesterol. Infact this ensures that one might prevent a heart attack by having green tea on a regular basis.
- Green tea is much better and much healthier than normal tea because it contains more antioxidants and less amount of caffeine. Caffeine may increase the blood pressure and lesser amounts of it in green tea makes green tea a better choice.
- Green tea also helps a person in kicking the habit of smoking, which too can be considered as its positive points or benefits.
Posted in: Herbal Medicine