Searching for a system that provides whole body treatment?
Holistic medicine is helpful for you and it provides whole body treatment.
Holistic medicine is a system of health care that emphasizes the whole person, not just the disease.
Holistic therapy is based on the idea that the physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social characteristic of health are of the same importance to a person’s well-being.
Holistic medicine mainly observes all aspects for cure of any state, including herbal, conventional, physical, mental, natural, and emotional to choose a treatment plan that treats the whole person. It is mainly a method or collection of techniques and is mostly a philosophy of well-being and health.
Your holistic medicine practitioner may recommend or use any of various types of alternative and conventional methods in treatment. Those alternative and conventional methods include counseling and support groups, herbal medicine, conventional drug therapy, diet and nutritional supplements, herbal and natural healing, surgery, aromatherapy, and massage therapy.
It has become more common for your health care provider to support a holistic medicine approach for your health. Most of the health care plans now include coverage for gym and health club memberships, support groups for weight loss and smoking cessation, educational outreach, nutritional counseling, and referrals to some alternative practitioners.
Holistic medicine may refer to one of a number of different alternative therapies. This medical treatment must take the entire lifestyle and life of a person into account when prescribing treatment. These treatments include naturopathy, traditional Chinese medicine, homeopathy, and ayurveda.
The main focus is on three elements. The first element is diet. Your body needs certain nutrients and supplements in order to work properly and to maintain its self-healing process. Hence you must take a balanced diet which consists of minerals, vitamins, carbohydrates, fats, and proteins.
The second part of holistic medicine approach is to maintain your body in good physical condition by regular activity. The most important activity is regular exercise.
The third element of the holistic approach is to try to control your mind. Controlling your mind is very important to avoid some stress related disorders like depression, anxiety, and sleep disorders.
Benefits of holistic medicine:
- Since holistic medicine includes many disciplines, it is difficult to define specific research or study that support the use of holistic medicine.
- Treatment methods which do less harm are used first in holistic medicine.
- It is non-invasive and non-pharmaceutical. It is best alternative to conventional medicine approach.
Criticisms of holistic medicine:
- The holistic medicine approach like hypnotism has not been proven to aid in pain reduction.
- Various types of holistic medicine like homeopathy or naturopathy results in some risks.
- The healing method of holistic medicine approach has been unproven and it may be waste of time and money in treating diseases.