Posted on Aug 23, 2007 | Comments 0
Decided to go at your holistic health provider for your condition?
Is this your first with him or her? Worried about what to ask? Don’t worry; here is a list of questions.
Be prepared with this list of questions and be sure to get all the answers that you need to evaluate whether the therapy and the practitioner are right for you.
Your first meeting with an holistic health practitioner is very important. It gives you a chance to ask questions and gauge your comfort with them. It also gives you a chance to evaluate the credentials and knowledge of holistic health provider.
Here are the questions you can ask with your holistic health practitioner at your first visit.
What are the benefits which I can get from this therapy?
Ask for particulars like will it strengthen muscles, improve balance, and improve immune system function. Evaluate the answers that you get with your own research. Be careful with a practitioner who makes excessive claims for the therapy.
Are there any threats associated with this therapy?
Again, evaluate the answers that you get with your own research. Do they seem knowledgeable and open even when discussing risks?
- Can this therapy affect my particular condition, if so in what ways it affects?
- How frequently do you care for people with my medical history?
- Can the holistic health benefits are enough to compensate the risks for my particular condition?
- Is there any chance for side effects? What are they? What are the chances that I will experience with them?
- Shall I have to make any changes in my daily lifestyle and activities?
- How much time do you spend to examine each patient?
- How much time the treatment will take? How often will you review my progress?
- Are there any opposing effects for using this therapy?
- What assurance do you accept?
Pay the attention to the responses of holistic health practitioner and note the manner in which he is answering your questions. There are also some warning signs to watch out for:
- You feel that he is being ambiguous in his answers.
- He is obstinate that this is the only form of treatment for your condition.
- The holistic health practitioner is in hurry or rushed to get the interview.
- He doesn’t ask questions about your condition and your feelings towards the treatment.
- He can’t mention any research or studies to support the use of the therapy with your condition.
- He doesn’t seem to be knowledgeable about your condition and implications of treatment.
The interview is a two-way process. If you are not satisfied with the answers that you get then push for clarification. If you still don’t understand, think that this holistic health practitioner is suitable for you or not.
Your comfort with the holistic health care provider that you choose can be the deciding factor in how successful the therapy or treatment.
Posted in: Holistic Medicine