Hypnosis is a mental state or level in which the body and the mind are only partially conscious and this state is induced by following a process called hypnotic induction. The process of hypnotic induction is mostly composed of a series of suggestions and preliminary instructions. These are usually delivered by a hypnotist in the presence of the person who is being hypnotized or the subject.
In some cases, hypnosis is also self- administered or self -induced. There are many benefits of hypnosis and one of them is improving memory. Hypnosis can be used to polish or improve your memory but there are certain steps that have to be followed to do so. The following are some ways in which you can improve your memory with hypnosis:
- The first step is to find a comfortable space to sit or lie down and then close your eyes. Now take three deep breaths and try to relax as much as possible. Continue doing this for a little while and feel how calm you feel after taking the deep breaths. With each breath, you will feel a deeper sense of relaxation and calm inside you.
- Now allow all the tensions in your body to go away. Allow the tension in the jaw, in the neck, in the shoulders and arms to simply go away and leave you much calmer, relaxed and at ease. Ease all the other body parts and free your mind of any distractions.
- Now the next step is to imagine a large library as if you were standing outside it. Imagine the building and try to visualize how large it is. Now slowly visualize yourself entering the library. This library is your mind and all that you have ever known and experienced in your life is in this library. Remember that you might not be able to remember everything but all that has happened in your life is stored safely in this library.
- Now the next step is to pick a book and start studying what’s in it. If you have any particular subject of interest, you can easily locate the book or ask the librarian to help you. Once you are done, you can place the book back and then pick another book of your choice or interest. Continue until you feel you have learnt enough.
- Now your mind will be more relaxed and you will be able to recall old memories easily. At this point, you will be feeling much more relaxed and calm. You will be able to experience that you can recall many old things just by knowing that it’s all in your mind or the library of your mind. This will in turn make your feel much more happy and organized.
- Once you break away from the state of hypnosis, you will realize that your memory capabilities have improved as you will now be able to locate all memories in the library of your mind easily and much quicker.