Posted on Sep 05, 2007 | Comments 0
The eyes are the soul of your body. So the regular examination of your eyes is essential.
Iridology offers a detailed examination of patterns, colors, and other characteristics of the iris for information about your systemic health.
Iridology is an alternative medical practice. This practice involves the diagnosis of the disease by studying the iris of the eye.
Iridologists said that the areas of the eye correspond to bodily systems and areas of the body. Any changes in the iris can cause problems in that area of the body.
Iridology is not a method of treatment and is used as a diagnostic tool. According to iridologists, markings, patterns, and irregularities in the iris can emphasize a tendency toward problems with a particular organ group or system, allowing them to prescribe treatments.
In recent years, iridology uses equipment such as a flashlight and magnifying glass, cameras, slit-eye microscopes or other methods to examine your irises for tissue changes.
They see with iris charts that divide the eye into as many as 80 or 90 zones. Each zone indicates an area of your body.
Iridology is mainly proposed to recognize:
- Common health levels and transitions
- Stages of inflammation
- Absence of biochemical
- Toxins and location of them
- Body constitution
- Inborn weakness or strength
Benefits of iridology:
Iridologists make the points that:
- Iridology treatment is completely non-invasive. The only thing you have to tolerate is the shining of light into your eyes.
- The main aim of iridology is to keep you healthy by recognizing early signs of possible problems and recommending holistic and natural treatments to prevent them from developing into more serious problems.
- The greatest benefit of iridology over other forms of health screening is that changes appear in the iris before the physical symptoms develop. Hence a preventative action can be taken early to improve your health and can avoid those diseases which might appear.
Criticism of iridology:
- According iridologists, iridology is not only to diagnose specific conditions and but also involve examinations of photographs of eyes, and it is intended to be used with living flesh.
- Most importantly it is ineffective practice and is waste of time and money for you.
- Sometimes iridology can lead to wrong diagnosis, with the effect of either terrifying a patient, or lulling into a false sense of security, or suggest an unnecessary and possibly harmful treatment.
- The treatment will be delayed if you are seeking treatment for real medical problems.
- This treatment is not licensed or regulated and anyone can practice it. Hence, it leads to the possibility of fraud and incompetent medical practice.
- It can not reveal specific diseases, since many diseases create similar changes in body tissues.
Iridology can help to diagnose the disease and potential ill health by studying the iris of your eye. It dose not concerned with named diseases. It can help in restoration and maintenance of health through building up your immunity and life force.
Posted in: Iridology