Hand massage techniques are useful in many ways in order to get relief from many kinds of pains and aches. Though it seems simple proper hand massage techniques benefits only those who get it done in a professional manner. When wrong strokes are used it may actually become detrimental to harm the person’s hands as well.
There are many things that one has to remember such as keeping contact with the hands during massage with the right amount of pressure and cautiously moving from one hand to another amongst a few things. Hence it is advisable to take up hand massage technique with a professionally qualified massage therapist and not a novice in order to benefit maximum from the benefits of hand massage.
Hand Massage Techniques Benefits
Hand massage benefits in many ways. But there are certain precautions that one has to take when going in for such a technique as it can have detrimental health benefits for many people. Some such conditions are discussed as follows :-
- People suffering with health conditions such as skin allergies, skin inflammation, mycosis, contagious diseases, heart problems, tumors, diabetic people, and pregnant women should not undertake any hand massage at all.
- It is best to take the massage in a relaxed and composed manner and not in a hurry. Also ensure not to engage in a conversation with the massage therapist as it distracts the person doing the massage as well as drains unnecessary energy of the person taking the massage.
- Ensure to have the right kind of pressure during the massage and intimate the massage therapist if the pressure is either more or less.
- It is important that any pain or reaction felt during the hand massage technique should be communicated to the therapist immediately without fail in order to avoid negative impact of the massage.
- Any kind of previous injuries or fractures in the hand must be intimated to the massage therapist before the session of hand massage starts so that necessary precautions are taken to avert any injuries. Also any kind of bruises and cuts on the hands must be reported to the therapist as these are most prone to contact various kinds of infections during the massage therapy.
- Lastly it is important to ensure that the massage therapist follows good hygiene of washing hands with a disinfectant before and after a massage apart from being free from any kind of skin infections so that it does not spread to the hands of those taking a massage.