Want to get relief form stress and many other health problems?
By practicing a series of gentle movements can bring about stress reduction, improved balance and many other health benefits.
Tai chi is also referred to as “meditation in motion”. It is originally developed in China as a form of self-defense.
What is tai chi?
Tai chi chuan can be translated as the “supreme ultimate force”.
Tai Chi is a combination of moving form of yoga and meditation. Tai chi is a gentle form of physical exercise.
To learn tai chi you need to perform a defined series of postures or movements in a slow and graceful manner. It is a safe technique for all ages and levels of fitness.
What are the benefits of tai chi?
- For older people tai chi can improve balance and reduce the risk of falls.
- It is useful if you have a condition such as arthritis or you are recovering from an injury.
- It helps to unblock any blockages of the energy.
- Tai chi can offer both physical and mental benefits. It is used to increase agility, energy, flexibility, and stamina.
- It improves muscle strength and definition also increases feelings of well-being.
- Tai chi helps in wide range of health problems including circulatory, headaches, high blood pressure and chronic back and neck pain.
- Daily practice of tai chi can produce long-term benefits such as it reduces the tension and increases stamina.
- When proper circulation is restored, tai chi teaches your body to heal itself, restoring proper functions of the muscles, ligaments, and also organs. You will observe a change in the entire physiology of the body.
- Since tai chi is moderate cardiovascular exercise, it can be performed by anyone.
- It also helps in regulating the immune system, and makes a huge difference in posture, realigns the spine and reduces degeneration.
- Tai chi is a weight bearing exercise and can help in maintaining bone density.
- It is very helpful if are a woman with a genetic predisposition of osteoporosis.
It will take four months to learn all the set of movements associated with the Tai chi. The instructor will demonstrate the slow and deliberate movements and they are quit easy to learn.
Since it is a very positive form of exercise and is very slow and gentle, doesn’t cause any side effects. You don’t need any special equipment, clothes, or large physical space. You can do tai chi at any time or place.
To gain long-tern benefits and to reduce the small risks of injury learn the correct way to do the postures and movements. Steady attention to your body position and breathing are critical.