Posted on Feb 25, 2010 | Comments 0
A number of natural sleep aids are discussed here, which can help you get good rest and prevent a number of health ailments as well, which most of us may prefer to prescription drugs:
- Chamomile tea should be taken at bedtime to relax and soothe one to sleep. It is said to contain a compound called apigenin, which is a natural sedative.
- Valerian is used to be called nature’s valium and before sleeping pills became so common in the United States this was a popular natural sleep aid. And valerian is said to be as effective too.
- Hops, which are normally associated with the process of beer making, are also thought to be beneficial for promoting sleep. You can either take it in tea form or rest your head on a pillow case with some hop inserted.
- Catnip is also relaxing and won’t make you groggy the next day.
- Passion flower is thought to be a natural sleep aid due to its ability to increase levels of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) in the brain.
- Verbena or holy herb or vervain is also seen to help with insomnia.
- Skullcap leaves in your pillow case or taken in tea form can also help.
Posted in: Natural Remedies