Castor oil is usually associated with bowel movements and other unpleasant bodily functions, but this prosaic and unromantic sounding item is actually very good for you and your health:
- Those with arthritis can find relief in a castor oil rub, since it has natural anti inflammatory properties.
- Castor oil can also help to ease fungal infections such as ringworm that may affect different areas of the body and even the scalp and the nails.
- Even other skin infections can be eased by castor oil due to its natural antimicrobial properties. Skin inflammation, sunburn and even stretch marks can be eased.
- If you have an eye stye (an infected eyelash follicle) this can also be helped with castor oil
- Castor oil is very good for skin; applying a thin layer before going to bed can help to smooth wrinkles and fine lines. Age spots can also receive help with castor oil.
- Castor oil is also known to encourage hair growth; some say even eye lash growth. Use castor oil diluted with base oil, such as almond, which can be applied to the scalp to stimulate hair growth and also condition the hair shaft optimally.