Posted on Apr 14, 2011 | Comments 0
A lot of cosmetic products claim to contain Aloe Vera which we know has many health giving benefits. But did you also know that it is best to use Aloe Vera directly for best results and that it is a plant that is quite easy to grow at home?
Any sunny place, whether you want to have the plant in a pot or want it in the ground, is good for an Aloe Vera plant.
Simply cutting the stem of the fleshy plant, will give you access to the goodness within, which is in the form of a thick, translucent gel.
What you don’t want to use immediately can be stored in the refrigerator for several days.
Direct Applications of the Aloe Vera gel can help in a number of different ways such as:
- It can soothe irritated, sunburned, dry or chapped skin. It can eliminate redness and acts as a balm for a number of skin problems – simply Apply the gel directly to the affected areas.
- It isn’t just sunburn but also minor burns that the skin suffers can be effectively soothed by Application of Aloe Vera.
- Some also report to finding help for skin related problems such as acne and resultant blemishes, by using Aloe Vera.
- Aloe Vera is a natural balm for soothing insect bites.
- It can help cuts, wounds and minor traumas to heal better and faster.
- Eczema and psoriasis can also be helped by topical Aloe Vera Application.
- Apart from its medicinal uses, Aloe Vera also has a lot of cosmetic Applications – it is known to be an age old remedy for delaying signs of aging by helping to smoothen and rejuvenate skin.
Applying the gel to the hair directly is also known to be a great conditioner for hair, and can be particularly useful for alleviating dryness.
Posted in: Natural Remedies