Posted on Aug 11, 2010 | Comments 0
Hemorrhoids are both painful and embarrassing, and there are remedies available for hemorrhoids that will help to manage the pain or try and get to the root of the problem and remove it.
Some natural remedies for hemorrhoids are:
- Application of ice to the affected portion for several minutes each day will help shrink the hemorrhoid and also help in healing. After a painful bowel movement is the best time to do this – it will help reduce the pain by numbing the area as well.
- Take a sitz bath – a hip bath of hot water for 10 to 20 minutes to reduce pain.
- Keep the anal area clean and as dry as possible using tissue and/or talcum powder.
- Don’t be rough while wiping, just dab instead else you end up irritating an already inflamed area.
- Eat a high fiber diet with lots of roughage – this helps to keep the stool softer and easier to pass.
- Drink plenty of water and other liquids.
- When you have to ‘go’ don’t delay since this ends up dehydrating the bowel movement and makes it even more difficult to pass.
Posted in: Natural Remedies