Posted on May 04, 2011 | Comments 1
Arthritis is a name given to a group of conditions that are caused by damage to the joints and can be extremely painful and crippling in nature.
Since there is really no cure for the most common forms of arthritis and it is a condition that is to be managed and lived with to the best of one’s ability, natural remedies for arthritis are a preferable option.
There are many reasons to prefer natural remedies for arthritis over drugs and pharmaceutical options – arthritis management can be a long term treatment, and pumping chemicals and drugs into the system for extended periods of time is never a good idea – not only are there side effects, the body stops responding to the drug after a time.
And then there is also the growing problem of prescription drug addiction.
While natural remedies for arthritis may not offer immediate results, they may offer safer and longer lasting relief in many cases.
Consider the many reasons why natural remedies for arthritis may be better for the individual as well as for managing the chronic condition –
1. Natural arthritis remedies are holistic in nature – the treatment involves the whole body and not just the joints or the tendons that are causing the pain.
What is also taken into account is other factors such as external stress, the person’s psychological state, their diet and how active the person is, and so on. The body is viewed as a whole and not just sum of its parts.
2. The treatment can be personalized when you opt for natural arthritis treatments. Whereas mainstream medications have a one size fits all sort of approach, natural remedies for arthritis take into account the person who is suffering from the chronic aches and pains of the condition.
The underlying cause of a given person’s arthritis may be different and so treatment ought, correctly to be tailored to fit those particular circumstances.
3. Complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) for arthritis can often have certain positive side effects.
Take for instance homeopathy – when a person starts out treating his condition with homeopathy, he may be pleasantly surprised to find that he now seems to have fewer colds, coughs and may have better overall immunity.
4. The fact is that our emotional state impacts our physical wellbeing or lack of it. Natural remedies for arthritis can be tailored to take into account this central fact which mainstream medicine tends to ignore or overlook.
Incorporating relaxation techniques into one’s arthritis treatment, can help a person manage his ailments better and also help improve the overall quality of life.
5. Natural remedies for arthritis can be many pronged – while herbal medicines can help improve physical symptoms such as pain, physical therapy can help improve a person’s range of motion.
In addition nutritional therapy can help a person improve his system functioning from within, and relaxation techniques such as yoga, meditation and breathing exercises can help not only manage the disease but also improve life quality.
Posted in: Natural Remedies