Posted on Jun 23, 2008 | Comments 0
If you are trying to block the emotional response, then the immobility response is triggered. You will feel overwhelmed, frozen and out of control. Most of the times, with this core intestinal thoughts, you feel like dead and the thoughts are terrifying.
Whenever you hurt yourself and pain occurs, which results in appearance of trauma, you are exposed to some sort of emotional, psychological and mental maltreatment [Mental health and trauma].
In everyone’s life, most of the times hard life experiences appear, and at a point of time, these can transform into trauma. Trauma can be defined as “sturdy negative experience that aggravate permanently and deep psyche and the organic structure damages you at some point of time.
So, healing trauma is essential for everyone. Here are the ten steps which help in healing the condition for yourself:
1. Try to recognize the symptoms at abnormal situations. If you feel like you are out of control or becoming crazy, then you are suffering from post traumatic stress symptoms.
2. Tell regarding your feelings, reactions and thoughts to the specific events with the people you trust. Continue discussing about the event until you find that there is nothing to talk about it.
3. Do anything that makes you to attain a feeling of safety and tranquility in your surroundings.
4. Resume the usual routines and activities as quickly as possible. Traumatic life leads to live your life in a state of chaos. The harder you try to resume these activities, the better your life will feel. Structuring the events can provide a feeling of safety so that you can sketch your way back to your stability.
5. Healing trauma needs to take proper rest, exercise and good nutrition. If you want to recover from the flu, don’t forget these health tips. Perform the same for yourself also so that you can recover from traumatic stress.
6. Get a confirmatory action on your behalf.
7. Try to know the emotional causes and learn to handle them innovatively. If you have flashback to the trauma, by participating in the similar task, visiting the same place, hearing, tasting, smelling, seeing, or experiencing something that repeats you about the original trauma, then just try to recognize that you are going to face an emotional trigger. At that situation, keep in a positive self talk.
8. Find out the deeper meaning to the thing that happened to you. List out the things in a journal that you have experienced from a traumatic event or record them in support group which is sympathetic to your condition.
9. Try to seek psychotherapy for healing trauma with a specialized practitioner.
10. You should act with enough patience, because healing trauma takes some time. The recovery process has its ups and downs.
Try to follow these simple tips for healing trauma effectively.
Posted in: Reiki