Posted on Jul 08, 2010 | Comments 0
If you thought that yoga was all about chanting and meditation, you would only be partly right, because yoga can actually really useful for weight loss as well. Yoga can help in weight loss particularly when used in conjunction with your regular fitness routine –
- Check with a doctor before starting a yoga program to see if there are positions unsuitable for you in particular.
- Look up some basic positions and postures before starting the program and trying out some that you think you could do, so you know what to expect. Online videos will give you a good idea.
- Do some stretching at home to improve flexibility beforehand.
- Inform the instructor that you are a beginner and if you need help, ask for it.
- Observation of other students can offer you a lot of useful pointers on performing the same movements yourself.
- Don’t rush it or get frustrated. Yoga can take time to master so be patient, don’t strain yourself and stick with it. Progress may be gradual but don’t let that hold you back.
- Dress comfortably and remember yoga is best done barefoot so no fancy footwear is required.
- Don’t eat just before class, rather drink some water.
Posted in: Yoga