Posted on Jul 21, 2010 | Comments 1
Most people begin doing yoga to benefit from the relaxation it brings about. True and complete relaxation is the end result of successful yoga practice.
Yoga relaxation pertains to a full relaxation achieved by the mind, spirit, and the body, and not just one or two of these elements. Unlike general relaxation, which refers to relaxed muscles, yoga aims to unite these elements to achieve total relaxation.
The art of yoga relaxation is achieved through various poses, and breathing techniques.
You may also be asked to meditate during various parts of your yoga session.
The time to achieve this state of relaxation will depend on how far you have gone with your yoga sessions, as well as the type of yoga you are doing.
The exhilaratingly positive feeling of being in yoga relaxation is an effective way to counter stress and anxieties we often face in our daily life.
The benefits of yoga relaxation
1. You will be able to enjoy reduced stress. Yoga relaxation will allow you to see things in a different light and better perspective, through the holistic and spiritual approach of the practice.
The quiet and precise movements involved in various postures will help you think beyond and past the chaos that often noises your mind and clouds your judgment.
2. Yoga relaxation will also give you increased fitness and physical strength. You will become more flexible, poised, and have a wider range of motion. This will also benefit you from future injuries because you are more limber and less likely to injure yourself.
3. If you are suffering from chronic conditions, yoga relaxation is also an effective way to manage your pain and deal with the conditions.
It can help you in the fight against cancer, depression, heart disease, insomnia, and anxiety by clearing your mind and allowing you to make rational and logical decisions instead of emotional. Yoga relaxation also brings about lower blood pressure and reduced heart rate.
4. Yoga relaxation can also help you to lose weight. Binge-eating and other appetite disorders can be addressed with the use of yoga relaxation, because it allows you to think clearer and make more rational decisions about food.
5. It can also improve your mental condition. It can help you think clearly and free your mind from negative thoughts.
Yoga should not be seen as a complete cure-all for your ailments, but it is an excellent and wonderful alternative therapy to expensive pills that may have side effects. It can be used as complementary therapy to help one manage and deal with pains and mental stresses and anxieties.
However, if you are already enjoying a good and healthy lifestyle, yoga relaxation would still make a great activity to add to your lifestyle.
The benefits of yoga relaxation are for everyone to enjoy. It will allow you to tap into a world of energy within yourself, and allow you to see things and life better.
You will be in a better mood, and you and your loved ones will benefit from your great well-being and temperament towards things around you.
Posted in: Yoga