These days, meditation, yoga has become a new trend; many people from different backgrounds like corporate employees, Healthcare advisers, parents, children, teachers, students, etc are choosing meditation and yoga for mind and body relaxation.
But, many people do not know that meditation and yoga are not beneficial for lifelong if do not practice regularly. Practicing meditation regularly and continuing the process in your daily life will give you continuous benefits.
- Select a calm and quiet place for your meditation practice. Where you can close the door to be completely alone.
- Determine a specific time of the day for your practice. If you have begun a deep breathing practice, you can use this as your trigger and starting point for your new meditation habit.
- Decide whether you want to meditate sitting on a pillow on the floor or in a straight back chair or sofa. Try not to recline as you meditate since you might fall asleep.
- Remove all off the distractions and turn off all the digital devices or other devices that make noise, remove pets from the room.
- Set a timer for 10 minutes.
- Sit comfortably either in a chair or sofa or cross-legged on the floor with a cushion.
Keep your spine erect and your hands resting gently in your lap.
- Close your eyes or keep them open with a downward focused gaze, then take a few deep cleansing breaths through your nose. Recommended three or four breaths at a time.
- Gradually become aware of your breathing. Notice the air moving in and out through your nostrils and the rise and fall of your chest and abdomen. Allow your breaths to come naturally, without forcing them.
- You should concentrate our attention on the sensation breathing, perhaps even mentally think the word in as you inhale and out as your exhale.
- Your thoughts will wander a lot in the beginning. Every time they do, gently let them go and then return your attention to the sensation of breathing.
- When you focus on breathing, you will likely notice other observation and sensations like sounds, physical discomfort, emotions, etc. Simply notice these as they arise in your awareness and then gently return to the sensation of the breathing.
10 Tips for Mediation
- Keep It Short and sweet; at the beginning meditate for at least 20 to 30 minutes. Do not over do.
- Set a regular meditation time and follow that. By doing this meditation will become a daily habit.
- You should practice meditation mindfully, by closing your eyes and sitting at the correct position.
- Continue to do meditation for at least 11 days straight.
- The reality is, if you want to stick to a consistent meditation practice, you need to be flexible.
- Make Friends with Your Critical Mind
- Remember Why You Practice
- Let Go of Expectations.
- Make It a Way of Life
- Be Accountable
With the proper motivation and the right tools in hand, you can make meditation a daily habit.