It is estimated that millions of people suffer with occasional or chronic constipation.
Constipation is defined as not being able to have a bowel movement. However, there is no time set on the definition.
Some people go to the bathroom twice a day, while others go every other day.
Constipation is a concern when the person who goes daily, doesn’t go for days, or if the person who goes every few days, doesn’t go for a week.
There are many products on the market today that provide relief for constipation. However, harsh laxatives can be very hard on the stomach, and they do have a risk for dependency. A better option is to use natural substances that can help put an end to constipation.
Consider the following things that can be used to naturally treat constipation the next time you need relief.
- Drink Plenty of Fluids – Most physicians agree that fluids are the first response for constipation. It is estimated that over one fourth of all cases are due to dehydration. You can drink any substance you like. However, fruit juices and water will provide faster relief than soda or tea. In fact, naturally squeezed apple juice can provide very quick relief.
- Aloe Vera Juice – Aloe Vera juice can be consumed twice per day, for help with constipation. Aloe Vera works to clean the digestive tract and intestines out as it passes through. The substance also makes the inside of the digestive tract system smoother so that foods will pass easier.
- Natural Sugars – Natural sugars such as those found in honey or sorghum can help with constipation. The honey or sorghum can be mixed with water or milk, and both are safe for daily consumption.
- Corn Syrup _ Corn syrup is safe for children and babies who are constipated. In babies a dose of one teaspoon per bottle, daily, is enough to do the trick. However, toddlers and children will need a eighth to a quarter cup of corn syrup mixed with a glass of warm milk.
- High Fiber Diet – The best natural treatment for constipation is a high fiber diet. Fresh vegetables, natural whole grains, and fruit will help to prevent constipation before it can even begin. There are also many yogurts on the market that help regulate the digestive system, and prevent constipation.
- Avoid Foods That Cause Constipation – There are many types of food that can actually cause constipation. Cheese, cauliflower, and dry beans can be the culprit when it comes to constipation.
Constipation can be very painful, and can eventually lead to more severe medical conditions, if left untreated [Constipation relief]. The best treatment for constipation is prevention.
However, if it is too late to prevent the condition, these foods can help to provide relief. If your condition is ongoing or chronic, you may need to speak with your doctor to discover what the cause of the condition is.
Certain medications, or medical conditions, can cause constipation, and you may need a stronger treatment.