Posted on Jun 01, 2010 | Comments 1
Instances of the commonly found infection Candida is seen to be on the rise in recent times. Environmental factors as well as lifestyle factors such as diet which are a consequence of modern, or more particularly western way of life, are seen as being contributing factors here.
Also many conventional approaches to cure this infection are sometimes rendered ineffectual because the bacteria have developed a resistance to the antibiotics and anti fungal remedies that are routinely prescribed for this.
So not only are antibiotics ineffectual, they may actually be harmful, because they also rid the gastrointestinal (GI) tract of good bacteria. Some natural remedies for Candida could be:
- Eating garlic with its natural antifungal properties is seen to help.
- A supplement with the effective ingredient of Allicin can also help.
- Adding cayenne pepper to the diet along with the garlic will also help. Either add it to the cooking or simply sprinkle on your food to help your body with the healing process.
- Horopito Aniseed is a plant native to New Zealand and is also seen to have antifungal properties.
- Pau D’Arco tree from the South American rain forests can be drunk in the form of tea or can be made into a vaginal douche.
Posted in: Natural Remedies