The benefits of touch and massage therapy has long been recognized as one of the best and most effective ways to achieve mental and physical well-being.
The use of hands in healing hands massage has been developed over the years to help cure a number of ailments, and even to simply promote a state of relaxation, calmness, and health.
Healing hands massages makes use of applying pressure, rubbing, or kneading various parts of the body to reach deep muscles, improve circulation and blood flow, and to remove any blockages in the internal system that may be causing ailments.
Healing hands massage has several benefits, such as:
- Improved breathing
- Depression management
- Decreased fatigue
- Lowering of blood pressure
- Improved posture
- Relieve muscle pain and tension
- Cure headaches
- Increased flexibility
Healing hands massage benefits has been verified in several clinical studies, which is why it is encouraged for all age groups.
Even as young as babies, mothers are encouraged to use their hands for touch therapy, as it has been shown that increased skin contact through healing hands massage between mother and child contributes significantly to the baby’s physical and mental development. It also helps in creating a bond between mother and child.
It should be noted that although healing hands massage can improve overall well being and improve some health conditions, it is not a cure for ailments.
It can be used complementarily with medical treatments and other forms of curing, to help alleviate pain, manage depression and trauma.
Healing hands massage is significantly better than other forms of therapy and treatment because there are no side effects and it can only benefit the patient in the long run.
There are different kinds of healing hands massage to suit the needs of patients. Some of the common kinds include:
- Deep tissue massage – More pressure is used than usual to reach deep muscles and treat them through kneading and rubbing.
- Reflexology – Used to address certain problems with organs connected to nerves on the feet, through a foot massage. Reflexology can also be used as a healing hands massage to simply achieve a state of relaxation and well- being.
- Neuromuscular massage – A more intensive type of massage treatment which is used for patients with serious muscle and medical conditions. Neuromuscular massage makes use of intensive pressure to reach deep muscles and nerves.
- Swedish massage – One of the most common types of massage therapies, Swedish massage uses long strokes and rubs throughout the body to relax muscles and provide a feeling of calmness and relaxation. Essential oils are also commonly used with Swedish massage.
- Sports massage – Usually recommended for athletes, sports massages focuses on specific muscles that are frequently used for certain sports.
- Craniosacral massage – A massage that focuses on the head and spine, with the purpose of relaxing the muscles around and clearing blockages.
With the various types of healing hands massage, many of these have been developed in ancient times and have been developed today to help address people’s health ailments.